Collaborative School Committee
The Collaborative School Committee (CSC) is the decision-making body for the school. At Hallett Academy, the CSC is comprised of the Principal, three teachers, three parents, and one community representative. The CSC helps to create and implement a Unified Improvement Plan, review school budgets, and determine school staffing. The meetings are open to the public and outside participation is welcome!
CSC duties include:
- Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) – Review the school’s achievement data, define goals and strategies to drive continued growth and improvement in school performance
- Staffing Allocations – Assist the principal by making recommendations concerning the use of the staffing allocations provided to the school by the Board of Education
- Annual School Budget – Review and approve the annual school budget according to district guidelines that supports the objectives of the UIP
- Calendar and/or Schedule – Making recommendations related to achieving school goals
- Academic Issues (including related policies and procedures) – Gather input from Hallett Academy families, teachers, and community members, discuss and make recommendations on academic issues as appropriate
The CSC will not:
- Participate in the day-to-tay operations of the school.
- Be involved in issues relating to individuals (team members, students, or family members|parents) within the school.
- Be involved in personnel issues (School Personnel Committee will stand alone in the current DPS/DCTA contract).